Wednesday, April 25, 2012

178 Loves


Assembling and addressing wedding invitations is a task! I have spent roughly more than 20 hours into completing this to-do. While cutting, pasting, addressing, and tying bows I eased the pain by telling myself all the things I love about Tyler. As the invitation-making task grew, I came to the conclusion that it is a wonderful thing I am full of so much admiration and love for this guy.

1. I don't just love you because you have made dinner 7 nights in a row. I love you because it is a home-made gluten-free dinner.

2. I love you because instead of having me clear off the table to eat dinner across from each other like a typical Tuesday night, you said we could sit on our fancy couch and watch The New Girl.

Skip A Few

99. I love that each month you give me $6.45 to purchase ANY 5 songs I want on i-tunes, even if it includes a little Rihanna, Kelly Clarkston, Enya, and Natalie Imbruglia. What's more is that you have never said anything about my music selection even as I blare it through our one-bedroom apartment.

100. I love our one-bedroom apartment we have made into our home. That walking through the door knowing you will be there to greet me. I love that every time I come home you stand up, give me a hug and ask me how my day was.

101. I love you for the nights you get me a glass of water. When I wake up in the middle of the night and gulp it down I think, "Thank you Tyler! I needed that."

102. I love you for your patience with me. You have an endless amount of patience when it comes to me and I need that. I don't understand how you do it or why but I am beyond gracious that it is a strength of yours. I wish I was more patient with you.

103. I love you because you are a hard worker. Despite my complaining and persuasion for you to take a day off, you always go to work. You deserve the number one shift in the company and I am proud they honored you with that.

104. I love you for your loyalty and honesty. It is a blessing to share a life with someone who has both of those qualities.

105. I love that you listen to me. My so called "funny" stories, my complaints, my joys, all of it. And you do so with such sincerity.

106. I love you for your support and the confidence it gives me.

107. I love that you always tell me I look great.  Even when I am in my sweats and wearing my glasses.

108. I love you for playing video games when I am not at home.

109. I love you for telling me when my breathe stinks. Especially when you do it by offering me a piece of gum instead of telling me how rancid it really is.

110. I love that you introduce me to new things and bring diversity into my life.

111. I love that you allow me to be ridiculous without letting my ridiculousness get out of control.

112. I love the balance that you bring to my life.

113. I love that you spruce up my life and force me to break out of my routine every once in a while.

114. I love that despite how much you don't like it, you still let me call you a "big lug." Which by the way, is a good thing.

115. I love your thoughtfulness and how you pay attention to the small details in life that build the foundation for bigger things.

116. I love that you hold me in your arms every night and lay next to me until I fall asleep.

117. I love the adventures you include me in.

118. I love that once you are outside hiking or rafting you share more details about yourself than any other time.

119. I love that you spend Fridays doing our laundry because I am busy working and will need clean clothes the following week.

120. I love that you remind me to bring my sunglasses when it is sunny or to bring an extra sweatshirt when it's a bit chilly outside.

121. I love that when I am sick with a migraine you do anything to help ease the pain. You bring me ice packs, give me water, make sure I take my medicine, and even lead me blind from the park to make sure I am in bed safely.

122. I love that before you buy anything you will research as much information as you possibly can. You even read all the customer reviews before you make your purchase.

123. I love that you know what I am thinking before I even say anything. You know and accept the looks I give possibly better than I know them myself.

124. I love you because you are self-sufficient.

125. I love you because you use the same kind of chap stick that I use. That way when ever I kiss you it smears nicely with the BurtsBees I am already wearing.

126. I love you because you can remember all my kinds of favorites better than I can. You even know my favorite kind of wine.

127. I love that you always have benadryl -especially when I need it the most.

128.I love you because you call me sweetness, and that is my very favorite thing to be called.

129. I love you because you know a good bargain when you see one and you buy things that are on sale.

130. I love you because you have an example for everything that you say.

131. I love you because you introduced me to Nasal Decongestant and when I am sick and really can't breathe out my nose I appreciate nasal spray more than anything. You also always stock the cupboards with vitamins, DayQuill and NyQuil and remind me to use them.

132. I love you because my life is better on a day to day basis with you around. You help me finish my chores, remind me of all the things I forget, and do your very best of taking care of me.

133. I love you because you will play games with me. You even play scrabble when I know that you hate it. But to be fair, you always win at YAHTZEE and sometimes a girl just needs to play a game that ends with her having a higher score. I also love you because we get to have YAHTZEE house rules and sometimes those rules help me win.

134. I love you because when we play golf, you do your very best to help me and be supportive. You give me great advice and always encourage me to keep playing. You don't even throw or kick my ball into the middle of the fairway anymore, because you know I don't like that.

135. I love you because you encourage me to do better everyday, in every way.

136. Although I would most likely never admit to this and it drives me crazy, I love that you do what you want, when you want. You are no push-over and I like that.

137. I love that when I ask you to make a toast before dinner, you occasionally will give one and you always have nice things to say.

138. I love that you make some pretty mean fajitas. They always taste good.

139. I love how stable you are. If you were some kind of nature object, I think you would be a rock. And if you were a rock, I hope I would pick you to be my thinking rock--a place where I would sit and think because sometimes I think you know all the answers. I love you for that too.

140. I love you because sometimes I find scrapes of paper throughout the house that have almost unreadable handwriting on it. When I look closely I can see you have written a basketball play. When I find those pieces of paper they just make me smile because you love basketball and that is proof of your love.

141. I may have already said this, but I love you because you support me. If I were to write a simile about you and your support for me it would go like this: Tyler your support is like a bra. I wear it everyday. You help me bounce with comfort and move with ease. Without you, I'd be a saggy mess.

142. I love you because you set my alarm for me every night.

143. I love you because you are the most reliable person I have ever met.

144. I love you because when you go grocery shopping you always buy me coffee creamer. You do this even though you don't even drink coffee. Every morning when I pour a little bit of it into my drink I am reminded by your gesture and can't help but feel like the luckiest woman in all the land.

145. I love you because I am 100 percent myself around you and somehow you still love me.

146. I love you because for more than a month you did a work out video with me just to show your support.  That was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

147. I love you because you are never quick to judge another person.

148. I love you for your quiet wisdom. You can know all kinds of information, but never feel like you need to "show it off." Sometimes, I think you are too humble, but that's only because I think you are amazing and want to show you off to the world.

149. I love you because you can do math in your head very quickly. It's amazing.

150.  I love that you will let me take a shower with you even though it may be your very least favorite thing to do in the world.

151. I love that you take out the garbage. It's a stinky job.

152. I love that you remember how much I love orchids and hate roses. You even buy me orchids knowing that I am a plant killer. It doesn't matter how hard I try, the orchids always die.

153. I love your sense of humor. When I asked you, "what do I love about you?" you said, "my elbows."

154. I love how well you listen.

155. I love that you have showed me you love me far more times than you have told me.

156. I love that I am the only girl you have ever loved. (Well, besides your Mama!)

157. I love how much you love Razz. That the one time he was in Portland, we had to walk out to your parent's car to say hello. Razz was so excited to see you, but I think you were more excited to see him. Sometimes, I feel like maybe in a previous life you were a dog because you are so loyal.

158. I love you because you are a friend.

159. I love you because you include me in your interests, but you don't make me apart of every moment of it. You accept the things that I am not interested in and find time to do them on your own.

160. I love you because you are a giver not a taker.

161. I love you because when we get into a disagreement that may or may not lead into an argument, you don't fight. Instead you stay calm and try to find a solution. I appreciate that.

162. I love you because you are goofy.

163. I love you because you go on picnics with me. Not only do we have a picnic blanket, but we even have a picnic basket, and I LOVE that we get to use it.

164. I love that you taught me how to play tennis.

165. I love you because you are always nice. When surrounded by a group of people you are always polite and kind. That makes me forever attracted to you.

166. I love your confidence.

167. I love you because you are an excellent decision maker.

168. I love your beautiful eyes and how they will be bright green against your pillow but brown when you are out and about.

169. I love how you let me be me.

170. I love the passion you put into everything.

171. I don't know how I got to number 171 and didn't mention your laugh. I love you because you have the BEST laugh in the entire world.

172. I love you because you are co-operative.

173. I love you because your favorite candy is gummy candy.

174. I love you because you always smell nice, but you are not over powered by cologne.

175. I love you because of your creativity. You have some of the best ideas and include such great thoughts into your ideas.

176. I love you because I ask you a thousand questions a day and most of the time you know the answer.

177. I love that it wasn't even difficult to think of all the reasons that I love you.

178. I love all the little things you do that put a smile on my face. The "thank yous", the "your welcomes." You are a key part to my happiness.


2 comments:

  1. this is awesome. so happy for you two! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! It was fun to do. We are so very happy! ;) Are you coming to gelp celebrate the big day?!

    ReplyDelete