Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Balance as a Libra



Awhile back ago, when Sadie and her cute family had very first moved to Enterprise, we drove by her office. There on the window, in big, bold, beautiful gold letters, read "Sadie A. Kennedy-- Attorney at Law." And as every little sister would be, I was impressed. But what I remember most clearly about seeing that gorgeous gold artwork, was the scale pictured in between "Sadie A. Kennedy" and "Attorney at Law."



"I like the Libra zodiac symbol on the window" I told her. 

She laughed.

I was serious.  

Just like the Scales of Justice I work hard to find the right balance. When it comes to my daily life, I am always searching for peace and equilibrium. If I have to make a decision, I become contemplative, always weighing and measuring the pros and cons. I look for balance in my thoughts. In my feelings. In my surroundings. My drive as a Libra to compare and balance is undeniable.

I think my "search for balance" becomes more apparent when I am thrown off. Because I continuously look for the "right" way to live (which is more or less based on an intuitive feeling carried deep within my soul and pumps heavily through my veins) I can become very discontent when life presents me with "living in the moment" experiences. My high expectations and idealism about how life should go doesn't always work out. I become disappointed and ill-proportioned.

Wednesdays have become my balance. I honestly think it has something to do with it being the middle of the week, but in all seriousness Wednesdays keep me sane. I work two days. I have a day off. I work two more days. 2-1-2. Balance.

On Wednesdays, I wake up and take a breath. For the first time that week, I can feel it. I can breathe to enjoy and not just to survive. From my nose, through my throat, to my finger tips and down to my toes, I feel Oxygen giving me life. Thankfully, that's how I  start my day. From there, I look for peace, harmony, and strength for the rest of the week. My agenda is simple. Me and George keeping things in sync.



No comments:

Post a Comment