Monday, January 21, 2013

To My Loving Husband



Happy Birthday Tyler! 
"A good husband makes a good wife" 


Tyler, n; high spirited, caring, courageous, and confident. 

01.09.13

Tyler, 

I woke up this morning reminding myself that I had to be nice. I gently whispered that today was yours and made a promise not to do any eye-rolling. I carried a conversation with myself that no matter what I want, I need to think about you. This was quickly followed by a self agreement that I'll eat dinner at a brew pub, despite all the gluten, and remember not to mention any of my concerns about contaminated food. Today, I will agreeably do things your way and wish you the happiest of birthdays. This is after all, the first birthday you will be celebrating with your wife. (but definitely not the last.) 

While you never make a fuss over the day you were born, it seems crucial that I make a big deal out of it. You are full of awe-inspiring qualities as well as success. I love that you are a confident man, an excellent teacher, and filled with compassion. Thank you for being you, for teaching me how to be the things I am naturally not, for sharing different ways to look at things. I feel as though you truly were born for me and today seems to be an appropriate day to share that. 

Alchemist
-Natascha Bruckner 

The miracle is in
the capacity 
of your eyes 
to distinguish
an ordinary tree 
from a sun-crowned
 gently nodding
 green cathedral.
To realize a faucet
 is a dispensary
 of wet, braided light.

 To regard
 your own left hand
 as an astonishing feat
 of animation.
 The alchemist
 who changes a rabid
gnashing world
 into unstoppable
 tender music is none 
other than you. 

I love you. 

Always,
Your loving wife and friend,
Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment