Today was a very eventful day and it still isn't over.
The start to my day was rough! For the last week M & I have had colds. Their sickness brings out the best and worst in them. The best being they are the cutest snuggle bunnies I have ever seen! I constantly get to hug and hold them close which rarely happens. The worst being they are two balls of absolute crankiness covered in cold season germs. I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat that instantly angered me. (Emergency-C and Airborne have saved me!)
I walked into work as a big ball of absolute cranky. Mostly frustrated because Tyler and I have a few big events coming up that we would rather not be sick for and yet again germs have spread from the twins to us. After greeting a snot covered face girl and an overheated crying boy I headed for the kitchen to make some Yogi Immune Support tea. When I tore open the package I immediately read the fortune. "Never utter a wrong word, think a wrong thought or wish a wrong wish." How guilty I immediately felt for being angry at two small people just because they have colds.
The nanny in me took a deep breathe, stopped what I was doing and went directly to the kids to give them a warmer welcoming. Their morning had also started off rough and they needed love and guidance to show them that a little cold doesn't have to ruin our day.
We made plans with Lacey and Fin to meet at OMSI and what a fun event it was! Mira LOVED Fin. Although, I am not sure she truly expressed it while meeting him, once we got in the car it was all Fin talk. "What's that baby's name? What is his Mommy's name? He was a cute baby. I love babies." We really enjoyed the company and change-up in our normal OMSI visit. Friends always make your day better.
After leaving OMSI we went home to have lunch. Partly because I am going back to work in a few hours, I encouraged the children to skip a nap. We spent the afternoon reading books at the park. Mira was hilarious. She encouraged Ian to transform into a puppy and then continued to throw sticks so Ian could catch them. We walked down to the Dog Park where Mira and Ian continued to crawl around and pretend they were puppies.
The highlight of my day so far was when Mira saw a grown man running laps. He had definitely been running since before we had arrived. In the mist of his exercise he had taken his shirt off. Mira turned to me and said, "That grown man is running and he's naked!" She then laughed uncontrollably. The whole scenario (as well as the idea of a naked man running) was really funny. Both kids have such a great sense of humor!
(Well...when potty talk isn't involved!!)
In other Ian/Potty news...He has taken to peeing standing up. I have been wondering when he was going to make this connection since sitting down has been encouraged during potty training. With potty training well mastered, it has finally happened. The whole time we were at the park he kept taking his pants off announcing that he would like to pee standing up. Each time, I politely asked him to leave his pants on and reminded him if he wants to go to the bathroom, the potty is the place.
How interesting the next few weeks are going to be as both kid's minds continue to grow!
How interesting the next few weeks are going to be as both kid's minds continue to grow!

No comments:
Post a Comment