Monday, September 17, 2012

Engaged to Married

It has almost been a full year since Mr. Tyler F. Nall asked me if I would marry him. Of course, there was no doubt that I would say yes, and in doing so I gained the most incredible partnership I could have ever asked for.



In the 79 days since our wedding, Tyler got a new job, we moved to Bend, I applied and accepted a job as a nanny, and we are in the process of buying a home. There has been an abundance of change in our lives, but I am reassured when I look over and see the wonderful person I was given to embrace life with. I wouldn't have it any other way. To honor our recently "altared" lives, I would like to share our wedding vows.


Emily, I never thought that there would ever be a day that I would be standing up here alongside someone as wonderful as you, preparing to share our lives together, and yet, I couldn’t picture it any other way.
I vow to love you deeper every day,
To fulfill your dreams and desires as best as I can,
And to make you eternally happy as I am here today.
I vow to cherish every moment with you like it was our last,
No matter what quarrels emerge or darkness falls as we embark on our adventure as one.
I vow to celebrate our triumphs and accept out differences,
And eventually learn that you are always right,
No matter how wrong you may actually be.
And, I vow to stand by your side through sickness and health, rain and shine, riches and rags.
I will respect, comfort, and encourage you, be open with you, and stay with you as long as I shall live.


Tyler,
So much of me wishes that I knew the English language inside and out. I have never before had the desire to learn new words and their origin. I don’t just want to know, but feel like I need to know definitions and how to articulate each syllable so that I can explain to you how much admiration I have towards you—the perfection you have towards loving me. With my lack of knowledge in words and incapability of descriptively telling you why or how I’ll always love you, I vow to do whatever it takes to show you my love. I’ll commit myself to you. I’ll hold your hand to support you, comfort you, honor you, respect you. I vow to love you in the way you need me. Not with just the big things, but the small things too. I’ll do my best to wash my dishes immediately after using them and turn my clothes right side out before I put them in the laundry basket. I’ll hang your towel on the rack while you’re in the shower and wake up a few minutes early to make you oatmeal and kiss you goodbye before you go to work. For now and forever, the big and the little, I’ll do whatever it takes to let you know that I love you.  







No comments:

Post a Comment