Monday
I literally burnt two pieces of bread which wouldn't have been so bad, but it was the last two pieces of the loaf. Partly because it was the beginning of the week and partly because I wasn't too phased by the whole ordeal, I decided to change things up and have a corn tortilla. No doubt about it, I burnt that one too.
Tuesday
Snow for Portland, Oregon! It disappeared as fast as it came down. Instead of making the snowman Ian so desperately wanted, he settled on this:
Wednesday
My mornings are some what hectic as I "transform" into a Sneaky Mr. Alligator who enjoys snapping monkeys that swing from trees. (If you don't know the details to this game and have a two year old, you are truly missing out on a good 30 minutes of playtime.) During this time, I am not only snapping monkeys, but am also getting monkeys fed, dressed, and out the door for weekly visits to the balloon artist. This Wednesday Ian had a doctor appointment. While Papa took Ian to his checkup, Mira, Emmett and myself played the longest rendition of Sneaky Mr. Alligator EVER.Ian came back with pneumonia and after a day of work, I went home to display the snowman we finally created once the snow officially stuck.
Thursday
Tyler finally has a day off and I have missed him an excruciating amount. This might sound like an exaggeration and while I admit I am a bit of an exaggerator (my mom once told me that a good "true" story only has to include 10% truth) I am sincere when I am saying an excruciating amount. Tyler spent the day at home recovering from a seasonal cold. I can't help but admire that although he has been sick his diligence and reliability towards work drove him to take on two 16 hour shifts on Monday and Tuesday.
I am excessively thankful for the security and stability Tyler provides for me. I am so drawn to his warmth and affection that I am often overly persistent on our exclusive time together. I have spent the night battling with myself because I know Tyler has a need for some distance. I can often be too smothering and overwhelming, but I am craving Tyler's attention. Spending the day apart, especially when I know we won't have time over the weekend together, simply hurts.
On a more positive note, the twins were delightful. I look forward to Thursdays because it is just the twins and me. We often get to go to the library on Thursdays, read books and I can provide them with more attention than any other day of the week. Ian and Mira were upbeat with smiles on their face from the very beginning. Both feeling well again, full of hugs and more love than ever, they filled my day with hilarious quotes and funny gestures.
Friday
I ended Thursday having worked 44 hours. With that said, most Fridays I go into thinking, TGIF! The highlight of Friday was at the end of the day, I had my very first Home Scentsy Party--much gratitude to Lacey! Thank you. Despite my initial thoughts that I wasn't going to make it due to symptoms of a migraine, the party was a success! (Thank goodness Imitrex!) I had planned on preparing my whole presentation prior to the party, but due to my lack of time I just winged it. For my first party, it wasn't so bad. I am excited to make some improvements on my sales pitch and try again, just as soon as someone books a party! :)
Saturday
Here it Saturday. I am spending my day in reflection over the week, learning and growing as a person. Meanwhile, I am eating a well deserved ice cream sandwich and enjoying a cup of coffee. I have a life full of bliss. I should be happy.


No comments:
Post a Comment