Monday, January 30, 2012

Check Out The Toot Here!

The purpose of this post is not to make a lot of pretentious noise but rather self-promote my successes! So, if you want to check out my toot, here it is!

Toot #1 that turned into Toot #2 
In the last twenty-four years of my life I have been hearing almost everything wrong. (This is true. I'll blog about it later.) Jokes. Directions. Compliments. Criticism. Productive Criticism. Words. I either didn't hear them or I heard them wrong. Whatever the confusion may be, I preferred anything anyone had to tell me in the form of writing. And even then, sometimes I still didn't get it. Knowing that, along with my determination to overcome it, part of my purpose of this blog is to help me learn words. In doing so, I have began writing down words that I don't know in a booklet. If Tyler isn't handy, I "google" them. This week I read, somewhere--I can't exactly recall where--the word pretentious. And if you look closely I just used that word in a sentence! (And if you don't look closely it is used correctly in sentence number one!) 

Toot #1- I used the word pretentious when only days ago I would have recognized the word but I wouldn't have been able to define it or use it in a sentence other than, "He is a pretentious asshole" but only because I have seen that used elsewhere.

Toot #2- I am retraining my brain how to hear the same words I have been hearing all my life. The next twenty-four years I'll be hearing words correctly--Thank you Bob Klein. 

Toot #3
I LOVE that I am Nanny and I KNOW that I am a darn good one! Below are some examples, in case you don't believe me. 

Example A
Every Wednesday I take three 2-year-olds to a balloon artist so we can listen to stories, sing songs, and of course, order whatever balloon character we can think of. Above, we have an alligator, a monkey on a tree, and another alligator! (In case you were wondering, I do have permission to show pictures of my kiddos!) 

Example B
While I was going to the bathroom Ian comes rushing in. We talk for a bit about the potty and exactly what it is that I am doing. He accepts it and then slaps my bottom with his two year old hands (yes, I am still on the potty) and says, "I got your bum-bum." He giggles. I giggle. 

Example C
Recently we went on a "field trip" to see some hens (at least 7 blocks away from home) I allowed both Ian and Mira to bring a toy. Despite the toys they chose to bring and despite knowing I would be carrying these toys at least half way, I followed through. 





Example D
                                 
We sing "Old McDonald" at least 5 times per day! Not only do we sing our version where the farmer has a zebra, a pig, a duck, a reindeer, and a sheep, but we created animation! 

And my final Toot...Toot #4
I am on my fourth week of working out and am a total rock star! Today I had to "up" my work out video from 25 minutes to 45 minutes. I made it through the entire video and feel awesome! 



No comments:

Post a Comment