Friday, March 30, 2012

Glue This Story...

Once I get Ian & Mira to bed, clean the house and fold the laundry I like to set up "cut and paste" projects for the kids. Today was an "Under the Sea" theme. Mira and Ian absolutely LOVE gluing!






After gluing the pieces on the paper, adding stickers and then scribbling a few marks with their favorite pens, I asked Mira and Ian to tell me a story about their pictures. 

"There was a shark. Crab, and Shark, and Sea Turtle are coming!"- Ian
"And a Jellyfish!...wait, I don't have a Jellyfish."-Mira
"Turtle and Fish were swimming in the sea. Then there was a crab." -Ian
"Crab said, "NO! No! NO! You can't come in the ocean!" 
"But I want to be your friend."
"Okay!" -Mira

Mira really liked the story telling and continued to talk and talk about the picture. Here is a little of what I could understand. There was a lot of laughing, mumbling, and two year oldness in the next story:

"Once upon a time there was a big bad shark! Ah!!! Please don't eat me. But no!!! I don't want a time-out!"
                               



No comments:

Post a Comment