Sunday, October 21, 2012

Welcome Home

Welcome to the Nall's first home. When you walk through the front door you decide to either go upstairs or downstairs. (Or maybe you might want to go back out the front door!) Here is a glimpse of what our upstairs is looking like. We have done a ton of painting with only a little unpacking, but we are quickly settling in.

Once you go upstairs, to the left is what we call the "showcase." It took us a long time to decide what to put in this little nitch. We finally settled on a little table and our favorite canvas photo of St. Helens. (A picture that Tyler took a few years back when he was working in Forestry.) It is exceptionally beautiful when the light above is turned on. 

To the right of the staircase is our living room. We have really enjoyed sitting up here, listening to music or reading books. We planned on having no television in this living space. In time we will see if it stays or goes. I have really enjoyed this room. My favorite part being when you look out the window and see all the well developed trees. It gives me the feeling of being in a tree house. 

Directly across from the living room is the dining room. This area isn't huge, but it is manageable. It is a space that I didn't think I would like, but has become very cozy and perfect for our two person family. In the mornings there is great lighting; an excellent spot to sip a beverage and become easily warmed up by Bend's sunshine. 

If you sit at the dining room table, you can look into our kitchen. The kitchen has a great layout and is very workable. I have enjoyed the few meals we have prepared in here and look forward to all the meal planning I will continue to prepare in here. 

Headed back to the living room. This picture is the view the television soaks in everyday. I love the little window that looks into the kitchen. I think it gives this area a lot of character that naturally seems to fit both Tyler and my personalities. Something that is not completely pictured it the shelving above the window. This is another piece that adds a lot of character to our home. I plan on making this a "seasonal shelf" where I can display my Fall, Christmas, and Spring decorations. (I don't really have anything for summer?) 


I think this picture is fairly self explanatory based on the previous descriptions, but maybe that is just because I live here. If you are sitting on the couch, or walk in from the sliding glass door in the dining area you can get a view of the "hallway." This leads to three additional rooms. The bathroom (not pictured) The second bedroom (not pictured) and our bedroom (pictured below.) The reason there are two rooms not captured is because they are mess. While I am still unpacking and painting there are several rooms that are not ready to be shown. Keep looking for updates. They will come. 

The master bedroom. This is a space that Tyler will often come to relax or unwind after work. I usually only make my way in here just to sleep. However, I do take pride in having a comfy bed and a place that takes me no time to feel at ease. We spent the first few nights of being home owners sleeping at our apartment after painting and preparing this room. 

A little bedspread history: I had originally saw this bedspread a few years back when I was working part-time and living with Tyler and Trevor. I purchased it (250.00--or more--which was honestly more than half of my two week paycheck) I remorsefully returned it a day later. I really WANTED it, but after a tearful conversation with Tyler about how it wasn't practical, and I couldn't afford it, I came to my senses. More than a year later I came across the same bedspread for more than half the price! By this time, I was working full time and knew it would be more of a sensible purchase. Because I LOVE it so much I wanted to paint the walls the same colors. (Yes, I took my pillowcase into Sherwin Williams Paint store.) I came across a plum and gray that matched perfectly and painted until my heart was content.  

AND THAT IS MAJORITY OF OUR UPSTAIRS.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Yet to come: Downstairs family room, office, laundry room, second bathroom, guestroom, spare bedroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment