Fall is one of my very favorite times of the year and it is not just because of the scarfs and other fashionable accessories I have been dying for an excuse to wear. I love being bundled up and soaking in warmth in a cozy kind of way, but I also love that it brings one of my very favorite holidays, Thanksgiving. In some ways, I dislike that it takes a certain time of year for some to make lists and realize why they appreciate something. But with more pros than cons, Thanksgiving consistently tends to be a day I enjoy. I love the seasonal smells of pumpkin and spice. I love the crisp cool air. I love the company this time of year brings without the stress that pairs along side Christmas. Of course, I love the food. I love to be happy. I love the colors. I love the gratitude.
With all that I was given in one year (an engagement, a niece, a wedding, a husband, a new place to live, a new job, a new house) I have thousands of things to be grateful and thankful for. In my excitement to be reminded by all my blessings, I couldn't wait to decorate my "seasonal shelf." It has something that I have been thinking about since Fall approached, we looked at our house and I noticed the shelf, and since were given the final "okay."
After a HUGE day of messing with our furnace to bring in some heat, dealing with a "broken" water heater and finally posting a meal plan that took me way longer than it should have I FINALLY got to do what I really wanted to do ALL day! I was able to decorate my seasonal shelf in all the Fall decor I owned along with my newly purchased "Be Thankful" sign.
Here are some photos of before and after.
No comments:
Post a Comment