Friday, February 24, 2012

To My Beautiful Sister


Happy Birthday Sadie! 
"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be forgotten." 



Sadie, n; an outstanding sister, amazing wife and even better mom. 

Sadie, 

I read somewhere that a sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves. What I remember most about reading this quote was at the end of the description where it described this characteristic as "a special kind of double." This is absolutely true. I wouldn't want my special kind of double to be any one but you. 

What is very much not myself is your ability to think critically, research, and be logical. More simply, it is that you are *lawyer! I admire all that you have to offer and am so proud of you. The lawyer sister that you are, have thought critically and researched for me. You have always been my "logical voice".  And more importantly, before the age of ten, you taught me everything I ever needed to know. I continually watch you be a lawyer in different parts of you life and admire how much of yourself you put into others. I will never understand how you do it, but I am thankful for it. 

Today is yours! Celebrate 27 years of life as you do everyday--with love and determination. 

Happy Birthday!
Emmy 

*I love telling people that you are a lawyer! It seems as though when it doesn't naturally come up in a conversation, I always find ways to fit it in. 















1 comment: